Assistant Rector, Sterling, Va.
St. Matthew's Episcopal Church, Diocese of Virginia
Saint Matthew’s is seeking a passionate, collaborative, and creative full time Assistant Rector beginning in the summer of 2018. Our next Assistant will share the full range of parish responsibilities, including the following:
- Reach out to our community and world by imagining and leading us into a deeper experience of delight as we experience kinship with our local and global community.
- Lead worship and preach as we seek to create weekend services that are some of the very best hours of a person’s week — a memorable experience that remains with people long after the service has ended.
- Share with other staff in pastoral care, weekday liturgies or services, home and hospital visitations, baptisms, weddings, funerals, and other rites of the church.
- Participate in our constant self-examination: What are we doing well now? What can we improve? What’s missing? How can we better grow and reach more people?
- Help us to deepen relationships at St. Matthew’s, our spiritual home. We are a community of charity, justice and reconciliation. How can we live out that commitment in our daily lives?
- Specialize in and develop one of three tracks:
- 1. Small Group: Develop and oversee a thriving small group ministry pursuing the goal of having everyone involved in small group.
- 2. Volunteer Development: Inspire, train, and empower people and their teams towards the end of increasing engagement.
- 3. Outreach: Envision and create a robust outward-looking ministry that is actively improving the community beyond our walls
This is a full-time position. Applications will be accepted until March 9, 2018. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and OTM portfolio to the Reverend Rob Merola.