Principles for the Operation of the Center of Teaching
* Participation in the Center for Teaching's activities and programs will always be voluntary.
* The Center for Teaching will not evaluate faculty, departments or programs.
* The Center for Teaching values a wide variety of teaching styles and approaches and respects individual differences among disciplines and professors.
* The Center for Teaching will take an experimental approach to its mandate of "enhancing teaching" at Sewanee.
* The Center for Teaching acts as a resource center and repository of information to enhance teaching at Sewanee.
* Center for Teaching awards are made by the Director with the advice of the Center's Advisory Board.