ProtoCall for Sewanee
After-Hours Emergency Mental Health Services
When should I use this service?
The after-hours emergency service is available for the undergraduate students who are experiencing a mental health crisis after business hours.
- Available 5 p.m. - 8 a.m.
- Monday through Friday, and on weekends
- During University holidays
- Any time the UWC is closed
How do I know if I'm in a crisis?
Consider calling if you:
- Experience serious thoughts about suicide or harm to yourself and worry that you may act upon them.
- Experience serious thoughts of doing harm to another person and may act upon them.
- Experience hallucinations (hearing, seeing, feeling things that no one else hears, sees, or feels). For example, hearing voices, seeing objects or living things not heard or seen by others.
- Have been recently sexually assaulted.
- Have recently experienced trauma in the form of witnessing or experiencing sexual and/or physical violence.
I don't believe I'm having a mental health crisis. What are my options?
- Wait until the Wellness Center opens (931-598-1325).
- Check out other available resources via the LifeSave app.
- Go to the nearest emergency room for evaluation and care: Southern Tennessee Regional Medical Center in Sewanee or Winchester.
Making Sewanee a stronger, safer community.