What's the best way to help a friend that you may suspect needs assistance? How do you know when a friend needs help?
The following links are to various pages and programs designed to help you when dealing with a friend who may be going through a difficult time.
How Do I Help a Friend Who's Struggling With...
- DBSA: Helping a Friend or Family Member with Depression or Bipolar Disorder
- Mayo Clinic: Depression - Supporting a Family Member or Friend
- The Columbia Lighthouse Project
- Binghamton University: How to Help a Friend with an Eating Disorder
- Eating Disorder Hope: Weight & Body Image Disorders - Causes, Symptoms & Signs
- UCI Care: How to Support a Survivor
- 1 in 6: Support for men who have had unwanted or abusive sexual experiences
The University Wellness Center is not affiliated with any of the products or companies listed on this page. Links are meant to be supplemental and should not be considered a substitute for seeing a medical or mental health professional. To make an appointment with the Wellness Center to see a health professional, please refer to our Appointment FAQ. Please be aware that friends are not able to set up appointments on behalf of others. The individual in question must contact the Wellness Center to set up their own appointments.