McCrady Hall is located on Alabama Avenue, near duPont Library, Gailor Hall, Woods Lab, and McClurg Dining Hall. Originally built in 1964, this residence hall has a tower-like feature resembling a castle.
McCrady houses 92 men and women. Rooms are arranged in suites for four students, with two study rooms and two bedrooms connected by a bathroom. Each study room opens into a bedroom. All rooms are carpeted and windows are furnished with blinds.
Bedroom Dimensions: 12'1" x 9'1" with 2 windows
Study Room Dimensions: 12'1" x 8'1" with 3 windows
Room Furnishings (based on a double occupancy room):
- Two Twin XL beds with approximately 14” of storage space under each bed
- Two built-in closets with a 24” rod for hanging clothes and shelving above for added storage
- Two dressers with five drawers each
- Some rooms have one shared wall length desk with two chairs while others have two separate freestanding desks with chairs
- Two wall mounted bookcases with two shelves each
- One waste bin and one recycling bin
- Full length mirror on the back of the bathroom door
- One room phone and two Ethernet ports
The central first floor common room features a large stone fireplace, comfortable couches, cable television, and a VCR/DVD player. Smaller first and second floor common rooms have couches and chairs for reading or relaxing. A raised stone patio runs along the rear of the building and hosts a grill.
McCrady Hall rooms are not air-conditioned. The first floor common room is air-conditioned.
To view more photos of McCrady, please visit our McCrady Hall photo album on our Facebook page.