Phi Society of 1883 (Φ)
The Phi Society was originally founded in 1883 as part of the national fraternity Phi Delta Theta. In 2005 the chapter broke away from the national fraternity and was re-founded as the Phi Society of 1883. Though we embrace our Phi Delta Theta traditions and standards of excellence we are also proud to be one of two local fraternities in the University of the South's Greek life.
Chapter nickname: Phi
Chapter designation: n/a
When chapter was founded at Sewanee: August 1, 1883
Values: To be bold, loyal, and true.
Philanthropy: Sewanee Elementary School
Colors: Baby blue and white
Minimum GPA Required for Membership: 2.5
President: Jack Spruill
Rush Chairs: Henry Joyner, Henry Fisher