Chi Psi fraternity at the University of the South was founded in 1964. In 1965, our fraternity house, or Lodge, as it is referred to on campus, was constructed on what is now the shore of Lake Finney, across from the Trezevant Dorm on Georgia Avenue. Since our founder, Philip Spencer, started Chi Psi at Union College on May 20th, 1841, Chi Psi has maintained its place as the 8th oldest national fraternity and the 1st fraternity to be founded on the principles of brotherhood and social life. Chi Psi has a strong presence at 32 of America’s finest institutions, and each chapter has dedicated itself to advancing the intellectual, moral, and social aspects of the lives of our brothers. We consider ourselves gentlemen, and each of us strive to pursue excellence in our friendships, academics, families, and careers.
Chapter nickname: Chi Psi
When chapter was founded at Sewanee: 1964
Minimum GPA Required for Membership
Chapter President: Wilks Halliday