Welcome to the Student Life Division
The deans of students and the entire division of student life staff and student leaders collaborate to foster an engaged community dedicated to student development, where living honorably is our long-standing tradition. Directed by the University’s purpose statement, student life develops the whole person by providing rich opportunities for leadership and intellectual and spiritual growth so that our students can “live with grace, integrity, and a reverent concern for the world.”
- Academic Success
- First Year Programming: Choices 101
- Multicultural Student Affairs
- Posse Foundation Partnership
- Residential Living
- Sewanee Outdoor Program
- Sewanee Union Theatre
- Special Events
- Stirling’s Coffee House
- Student Organizations/Greek Life
- Community Standards
- AlcoholEDU and Bacchus
- Wellness (promotion, health and counseling)
- Education and self-discovery are relational and are best facilitated in close community.
- Dignity and respect are fundamental to every individual and leads us to embrace diversity and global citizenship.
- Being curious, learning, thinking critically, reflecting, and pursuing passions are life-long pursuits.
- Student development demands appropriately balancing support and challenge as well as empowerment and accountability.
- Integrity, honesty, authenticity, well-being, and personal responsibility are essential personal characteristics that must be developed throughout the college experience.
- Health, happiness, and meaning are derived from hard work, dedication, and positivity.
Dean of Students
735 University Avenue
Sewanee, TN 37383