Frequently Asked Questions
How do I arrange for a visit to the Listening Library?
- Visitors are welcome! To make sure the room will be open when you come, write us in advance at email@example.com.
When is the Listening Library open?
- For Summer 2018, the Listening Library is generally open from Monday-Friday 10am-12pm and 1pm-5pm, and some weekends by appointment. Please note that the Listening Library is staffed by a dedicated group of Student Curators and volunteers. While we do our best to adhere to this schedule, the open hours will change during final exams, college breaks, etc.
What kind of music does the Listening Library have?
- We pride ourselves in the wide variety of musical genres present. While our vinyl and CD collections are extensive in the area of classical, or concert music, we have a growing vinyl collection of jazz, rock, blues, country, folk and everything in-between. We also have access to high-resolution music streaming services such as TIDAL and Naxos. They have extensive collections, so we can meet almost any request!
Can I play my personal records and/or CDs on the Listening Library's system?
- Yes! We are happy to play a visitor's records or CDs. The only kind of record we cannot play is a 78, as our turntable does not spin at that rpm.
Who pays for all this high-end equipment?
- While the University kindly donates to the Ralston Listening Library, we are primarily funded by individual donations. If you would like to support the Ralston Listening Library, click here.