Unwanted Pharmaceutical Drop Box
The Sewanee Police Department participates in the state-wide unwanted prescription drug take back program in partnership with the Franklin County Prevention Coalition. This service is designed to allow a safe way for community members to properly dispose of expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs that may be in the home. We encourage all of our community members to utilize this program.
You may drop off any unwanted drugs at the Sewanee Police Department Monday – Friday from 08:00 am – 4:00 pm.
We are located at:Sewanee Police Department111 Alabama AvenueSewanee, TN 3783
Items Accepted for the Pharmaceutical Collection Program
- Liquid medications (in leak-proof containers)
- Medicated ointment, lotions, or drops
- Pills in any packaging (glass bottles, plastic containers, plastic bags, etc.)
- Over-the-counter medications Liquid medications (in leak-proof containers)
- Pet medications
Items Not Accepted in the Program
- Blood sugar equipment
- Illegal drugs & narcotics (although police will accept these items if placed in the container)
- IV bags
- Bloody or infectious waste
- Personal care products (shampoo, lotions, etc)
- Safe At-Home Disposal
Do not flush or pour medications down the drain. Remove medication from original packaging and mix with an undesirable substance such kitty litter or used coffee grounds. Place the mixture in a bag and throw in your trash container. Remove and destroy any personal information on the empty medicine container and recycle the empty container.
For information about drug or substance abuse prevention click here.