The 2018 hunting season is in progress and runs through January 11th, 2019.
More information about the hunt can be found here.
Horseback riding on the Domain is primarily limited to current students. Those who are currently not students must have a valid permit from the Office of Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability. Those with active permits must remain on designated trails at all times.
- Riding is confined to designated horse trails only. Trails not approved for riding will be marked. Maps of approved trails are available for download here.
- Trails may be closed at the discretion of the University in the event of inclement weather or trail maintenance.
- No garbage, rubbish, litter or any refuse, sewage or other material which would pollute said lands or waters or render them unsightly or unsanitary shall be thrown, left or deposited on the Domain.
- No trees, timber, or vegetation of any kind may be cut and/or removed from the Domain.
- Trucks and horse trailers may be parked only in the designated visitor area of the equestrian center. All permit holders must access Domain trails via Brakefield road.
- Riders must be able to provide a current negative coggins certificate.
Failure to abide by any of the above can result in a loss of riding privileges on University property.
- Register for a permit below.
- Application itself is NOT a permit.
- Once you have completed the online application, please bring current Coggins papers and check in at the office of the equestrian barn. A paper permit will be issued at that time.
- All permitees must sign in at the equestrian barn EVERY time they wish to ride on University property.