Horseback riding on the Domain is primarily limited to current students. Those who are currently not students must have a valid permit from the Office of Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability. Those with active permits must remain on designated trails at all times.
- Riding is confined to designated horse trails only. Trails not approved for riding will be marked. Maps of approved trails are available for download here.
- Trails may be closed at the discretion of the University in the event of inclement weather or trail maintenance.
- No garbage, rubbish, litter or any refuse, sewage or other material which would pollute said lands or waters or render them unsightly or unsanitary shall be thrown, left or deposited on the Domain.
- No trees, timber, or vegetation of any kind may be cut and/or removed from the Domain.
- Trucks and horse trailers may be parked only in the designated visitor area of the equestrian center. All permit holders must access Domain trails via Brakefield road.
- Riders must be able to provide a current negative coggins certificate.
Failure to abide by any of the above can result in a loss of riding privileges on University property.
- Register for a permit below.
- Application itself is NOT a permit.
- Once you have completed the online application, please bring current Coggins papers and check in at the office of the equestrian barn. A paper permit will be issued at that time.
- All permitees must sign in at the equestrian barn EVERY time they wish to ride on University property.