The 2018 hunting season is in progress and runs through January 11th, 2019.
More information about the hunt can be found here.
Camping on the Domain is limited to faculty, staff, alumni, and students except with express permission of the University. The full camping policy of the Domain can be found here.
Groups of 10 or more are required to have a permit to camp. Contact email@example.com for permission to camp and permits.
There are two camping cabins on the Domain and 9 developed camping sites. Both cabins require reservations. Please leave the camping site at noon on your last reserved day. See below to find the reservation forms.
1. Fires are only permitted in existing fire rings at the following approved areas:
All firewood must be small enough to fit in the respective ring. No live trees may be cut for firewood. It is the camper’s responsibility to know if a fire ban is in effect. Questions are to be directed to the Sewanee Police Department (ext. 1111). Outside fires may require a permit from the TN Division of Forestry.
2. No permanent or semi-permanent structures may be built on the Domain.
3. Tent camping is prohibited around Lake Cheston.
4. The maximum group size allowed is 10 people without a permit. Smaller groups are encouraged. Camping is limited to 7 consecutive days.
5. With the exception of the areas listed in #1, no overnight camping is allowed within 50 yards of any trail or firelane or within 100 yards of any leasehold.
6. Gates may not be blocked or obstructed in any way. Campers planning on leaving a car overnight on Breakfield road must notify the University via the overnight Camping Notification form at the bottom of this page.
7. Carry out all garbage; leave a clean campsite with no evidence of your stay. Note: burning trash in fire rings is prohibited. Leave No Trace!
8. Use a cat hole (6-8 inches deep) 200 feet from water when disposing of human waste.
9. Camping equipment may not be left unattended for more than 24 hours.
10. No trees, timber, or vegetation of any kind may be cut and/or removed from the Domain. Collection of historic or archaeological artifacts of any kind is prohibited.
Camping on the Domain and leaving a car unattended? Please let us know by filling out the: