EMS Event & Space Scheduling System
Students, faculty, and staff can access the EMS Event & Space Scheduling System to request spaces to use for University events or to view already scheduled events throughout the campus. Detailed instructions are listed below.
Instructions for Using EMS
- Access the EMS Reservation System via the Sewanee home page.
- Click on the Calendar link just to the left of the search bar.
- From the list of calendars click the EMS link under On Campus Users.
- Use your email address, without the @sewanee.edu portion, for the username and your Banner Self Service password to login.
- On the home screen you can choose from two reservation templates.
- Use the Quick Request template if you know you will not need any services (Media, PPS, Catering, etc.) for your event. This template also allows for same day requests.
- Use the General Request template if you will need services (Media, PPS, Catering, etc.) for your event. This template requires a minimum of 48 hours notice to allow service providers enough time to evaluate and process requests.
- Select the date and time you need for your event.
- In the Locations area below the time click on Add/Remove.
- A Locations pop up window will appear where you can select the building, or buildings, you would like to search for available spaces.
- Click Update Locations.
- A grid will appear showing the building(s) you selected, and any scheduled events in those spaces.
- To select a room click the + sign next to the name; clicking on the room name will give you additional information regarding the space.
- In the pop up window enter your number of attendees and click Add Room. For large events you can select multiple rooms.
- Click Next Step.
- If you are in the General Request Template you can request the services you need from the drop down menus and click Next Step.
- The final step for all templates is Reservation Details.
- Enter the name of your event - use names that others will understand such as, IT Training Planning Meeting, as opposed to Meeting.
- Choose an Event Type from the drop down list.
- If your Group is not already populated click on the magnifying glass and select the appropriate Group.
- Click the arrows next to 1st Contact and select your name from the drop down list.
- All of your contact information will automatically populate.
- You can add a 2nd Contact if you like; selecting Temporary Contact will allow you to manually enter information not included in the drop down list.
- Click on Create Reservation.
- Your request will be reviewed and you should receive a reply within 48 hours, if not sooner.