Password Change Instructions
Sewanee password requirements are deployed as recommended by a University IT risk assessment. These requirements improve security and protect University information.
- Your Sewanee password will be used for Banner Self-Service, Blackboard, Sewanee email and Internet Native Banner (INB) and will be required to have a minimum of 12 characters and will expire every 120 days. The maximum for Banner Self-Service passwords is 20 characters.
- To create a strong password (Check How Secure Your Password Is Here)
- Use a passphrase to help you remember it. A passphrase is a series of words and characters combined together and this length, compared to a password, is what provides additional security.
- Don’t include common phrases found in literature or music
- Don’t include your username or your real name
- Don't use the examples listed below
- Examples of passphrases are:
- “A bird in the hand 4 me”
- “Pizza sounds good 2me!”
- To unlock your locked out account, or reset your password for Banner Self-Service and Blackboard use the Sewanee Password Reset Portal!
- For assistance, please call the helpdesk at extension 1369 or email the helpdesk at email@example.com