Password Change Instructions
New password requirements are being deployed on 5/22/17 as recommended by a recent IT risk assessment. These requirements will improve security and protect University information.
The following changes are occurring on 5/22/17:
- Passwords for Banner Self-Service, Blackboard, Sewanee email and Internet Native Banner (INB) will be required to have a minimum of 12 characters and will expire every 120 days. The maximum for Banner Self-Service passwords is 20 characters.
- Sewanee email accounts will start using the same password as Banner Self-Service, Blackboard and the Banner ID.
- To create a strong password (Check How Secure Your Password Is Here)
- Use a passphrase to help you remember it. A passphrase is a series of words and characters combined together.
- Don’t include common phrases found in literature or music
- Don’t include your username or your real name
- Don't use the examples listed below
- Examples of passphrases are:
- “A bird in the hand 4 me”
- “Pizza sounds good 2me!”
- To reset your password for Banner Self-Service and Blackboard:
- Login into Banner Self-Service
- Choose the Personal Information tab
- Choose Change PIN
- For assistance, please call the helpdesk at extension 1369 or email the helpdesk at email@example.com
NOTE: You are encouraged to change your passwords to the new requirement now to avoid being forced to change your password immediately on 5/22. Banner and Sewanee email account passwords will not synchronize until 5/22.