Counselor Visit Programs
- A View from the Top: An invitation-only overnight counselor fly-in program held bi-annually for domestic high school counselors. If you are interested in attending one of our future programs, please complete the Counselor Interest Form.
- Music City to the Mountain: In conjunction with Vanderbilt University, an invitation-only counselor tour for international counselors prior to the International Association for College Admission Counseling conference. If you are interested in attending or nominating a colleague for this tour please complete this form. (currently unavailable)
- Campus visits for counselors: Contact Maria Watters to schedule a personalized campus visit, including classroom visits, tours, and one-on-one time with a member of the admission staff.
- Campus visits for educational groups: Programming is available for large groups of students Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. and on Tuesday and Thursday at 9:30 a.m., 11 a.m., and from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Itinerary: 1) Student-led campus tour (approx. 1 hour). 2) Question and answer session (30 minutes). 3) Student panel (optional, 30 minutes). 4) Lunch in McClurg Dining Hall (optional, please note that the cost per person for lunch is $10.38; please contact Angela Sons in Sewanee Dining Services at 931.598.1120 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements to pay for your group’s meal)
- Guidelines: 1) Schedule your group’s visit at least two weeks in advance. 2) If you must cancel, do so at least 24 hours in advance. 3) Notify Maria Watters if you anticipate a late arrival so that programming can be revised. 4) Use of electronic devices is not allowed during programming. 5) Chaperones/sponsors must accompany students to all programming. 6) A Campus Visitor Information Sheet must be completed for each student before arrival.
- Submit the Group Visit Request Form.
Sewanee Book Award
Awarded at select high schools for excellence in writing. Contact Natalie Parson for details.