Who Counts as a Transfer Applicant?
Transfer applicants are students who have graduated from high school and matriculated into an accredited college or university.
What if I enrolled at another school, but did not complete a full semester before deciding to transfer to Sewanee?
A transfer applicant must have matriculated at another accredited institution. Even if no credits have been earned, if a student has graduated from high school and has enrolled at an accredited college or university we will review that student as a transfer applicant.
What if I'm a high school student taking courses at a nearby college (dual-enrollment)?
Students who are taking advantage of dual enrollment coursework are not considered transfer students.
Am I eligible for scholarships and financial aid as a transfer applicant?
Yes, transfer students are eligible for both academic scholarships and need-based financial aid. Incoming first-year students are awarded funding before transfer applicants, making transfer aid more competitive than that of first-year students. As a result, the review process for transfer applicants is need-aware.
Am I eligible for scholarships and financial aid as an international transfer applicant?
Yes, international transfer applicants are eligible for the same academic scholarship opportunities as domestic transfer applicants. For more detailed information, please visit international.sewanee.edu or contact our international enrollment coordinator, Tim Neil.
Transfer applicant checklist
- Completed Common Application including essay due Nov. 15 (for spring semester) and April 1 (for fall semester);
- Official transcripts from high school and all colleges attended;
- A cumulative college grade point average of 3.0 (B) or above on a 4.0 scale;
- Statement of Reasons for Transferring—completed using the Common Application;
- Statement of Good Standing—from dean of students or similar official at your current college (or last college attended)
- Recommendation from a college instructor (Academic Evaluation).
Contact: Ryan Poole, C’17, coordinator of transfer admission.
Deadlines and notification dates
- Spring Transfer: Priority Deadline: Nov. 15; Decision notification is rolling
- Fall Transfer: Priority Deadline: April 1; Decision notification is rolling