Linda Mayes, M.D. (C ’73) invited a single Sewanee student for a summer internship at the Yale Child Study Center in the late 1990’s. Under Dr. Mayes’ guidance the program has grown to sixteen students in both 2011 and 2012. They participate in ongoing research projects under the mentorship of Yale Child Study Center faculty and collaborators.
This summer, one intern will be based in Sewanee rather than New Haven. And the fourth student to participate in the Sewanee-At-Yale Directed Research Program will begin her work.
The new Yale Child Study Center Summer 2012 Interns
- Anna Alikhani ’14 pre-med, Political Science major
- Cortney Booth ’12 Biology major, Political Science minor
- Chris Daniell ’14 Psychology major, Anthropology minor
- Anna Faurot ’13 pre-med, Classical Languages major, Biology minor
- Katherine Freeman ’12 pre-med, Anthropology major, Biology minor
- Meg Gardner ’13 pre-med, Biochemistry major
- Luca Koritsanszky ’12 pre-med, Anthropology major, Biology minor
- Joyce Kuik ’12 pre-med, Biology major
- Haley Shepherd ’13 pre-med, Biochemistry major, French Studies minor
- Caitlin Sneeden ’13 Psychology major, Anthropology minor
- Shelby Bartlett ’12 Psychology major, Women’s Studies minor
- Ally Diaz ’12 Psychology major, Women’s Studies minor
- Alex Soare ’13 pre-med, International and Global Studies major, Biochemistry minor
- Taylor Stavely ’13 pre-med, Biology major
Intern in the Sewanee–Yale Child Study Center collaborations based in Sewanee
- Hali Gipson ’13 Biochemistry major
Mimi Boggs ’14, a pre-med Psychology major, will spend both the summer and fall in the Sewanee-At-Yale Directed Research Program. She will take Introduction to Cognitive Science, and Autism & Related Disorders, and pursue one or more research projects under the mentorship of Yale faculty members. She follows Chris Hague '11, Emily Simpson '11, and Scott Ward '13.
Linda Mayes is Arnold Gesell Professor in the Child Study Center and Professor of Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases), of Pediatrics and of Psychology in the Yale School of Medicine; Chair, Directorial Team, Anna Freud Centre at London.
Applications for the summer-only internships at the Yale Child Study Center are ACE Medical Internships administered by Sewanee’s Career & Leadership Development Office.