Health Professions Advisory Board
The primary purpose of the Advisory Board is to support the mission and objectives of the Office of Medical and Health Programs. Membership to the Board consists of 10 to 20 active committed members selected from a diverse group of alumni, friends of the University, parents of University students, and selected leaders from medical professions. Advisory Board members will help by:
- Advancing the discussion of ideas and suggestions regarding programming and activities of the Office of Medical and Health Professions;
- Providing students with mentorship and networking opportunities;
- Assisting in the arrangement of summer and semester clinical and research internships;
- Making introductions to potential on-campus speakers and program participants; and
- Engaging other Sewanee alumni and friends of the University in support of the program,
- Especially in efforts related to fundraising initiatives.