How to Apply
European Studies offers 26 places per option for students from Rhodes College and the University of the South (Sewanee): 13 per school, per option. Four further places (two per option) are prioritized for applicants from other institutions who are welcome to apply. In recent years students from other schools, including Davidson College, Vanderbilt University, the University of Virginia, Washington and Lee University, and Millsaps College have participated. The program is open to students of all disciplines in good academic and social standing.
The Application Deadline is January 31. (Places tend to be taken up rapidly, so students with a preference for one of the options are encouraged to apply as soon as possible).
Please submit hard copy of all application materials to Prof. Laurie Ramsey in Gailor 215:
- 2020 European Studies Application
- A typed paragraph explaining how the applicant hopes to benefit from participating in the program
- Transcript in PDF form of all college work completed (an unofficial transcript may be used)
- A PDF of the first two pages of your passport
- $300 deposit (refundable in the event of non-acceptance) Checks should be made out to The University of the South and include student's Banner ID (B00...) on the memo line.
- Four recent 2” x 2” ID photographs of passport quality