Welcome to Sewanee!
Below are some pointers that will help you make your course selections. Unlike incoming freshman, transfer students are not limited to the First-Year Course Listings to select classes from. As a transfer student, you can look through the entire fall schedule to select your courses. On your Course Selection checklist item, you will select twelve different courses from this schedule. You will be placed into four of those twelve courses.
By clicking on any course title in the schedule, you can read the course description. Within this course description, you will see a heading titled, "Course Attributes." If you see a "G," for example, "G4," this indicates that the course fulfills a General Education requirement; in this case, Learning Objective 4: Exploring Past and Present.
As you are making your selections, please keep the following things in mind:
- You are considered a new first-year student and are eligible to request any course with this attribute.
- Any course with a red CLOSED notice is no longer available, and should not be included on your checklist.
- If you have received a copy of your Evaluation of Transfer Credit form, you will be able to see which courses you have taken and which of our General Education requirements or electives these courses satisfy. Use this evaluation to help you select your courses by noticing if you’ve met any prerequisites for courses you’re interested in. If you have not received a copy of the Evaluation of Transfer Credit form, please be in touch with the Office of the Registrar at 931-598-1731.
- Select some courses that meet requirements you have not yet fulfilled.
- Do not select the same course more than once.
- Make sure to check your Sewanee email frequently. There is a lot that the Academic Guides consider when building transfer student schedules, and we frequently need to reach out to you with questions. Checking, and responding to, your email frequently will ensure that any questions get answered quickly, which can help get you into the classes you’ve requested.