Smith Career Conversations: Careers in Entrepreneurship & Social Enterprise
Six alumni and parents of the University will be on campus to talk with students about their careers in entrepreneurship and social enterprise. Students can attend a networking lunch, panel discussion and have one-on-one time with the visiting professionals through practice interviews. The participants are:
- Matthew Bourlakas, C'87 - President and CEO, Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee, Greater Nashville Area, TN
- Terry Brown, P'20 - President and CEO, Asana Partners, Charlotte, NC
- Blake Ellis, C'89 - CEO and Founding Partner, CommerceV3, Savannah, GA
- Jennifer Purnell, C'99 - Founder, September Nail Salon, Germantown, TN
- David Vozzola, P'20 - COO, Vozzcom Inc., Miami, FL
- Elizabeth Yarbrough, P'20 - President, Link360, Greenville, SC
Lunch, McGriff Alumni House
Students will be assigned to tables based on potential career interest, and alumni will share their career path with the students at their table.
Career Panel, Gailor Auditorium
Each panelist will:
- Characterize the employment opportunities their industry/sector and what skills and preparation students will need to succeed in being hired
- Describe the nature of their current work
- Briefly mention their career path if time allows
Question and answer session will follow.
Networking Break, Gailor Lobby
2:45 - 3:15 PM
Practice Interview Opportunities, Gailor Classrooms 103, 110, 112, 114, 128, 130
3:15-4:25 PM Interview Opportunities (3 @ 20 min/each)
- 3:15 - 3:35 PM
- 3:40 - 4:00 PM
- 4:05 - 4:25 PM
Alumni will simulate an interview environment and provide feed-back to each student.
To attend the luncheon and practice interview opportunities, please sign up on TigerNet, by midnight on Tuesday, February 7.
McGriff Alumni House & Gailor