Office of Global Citizenship
Reporting Requirements While on OPT
Any time there is a change to your employment, you must contact the International Student Advisor every six months with the following information:
- Job Description (1-2 sentences of how employment is related to your major)
- Job Title
- Number of hours per week
- Name of employer
- Physical address of employer
- Employer Identification Number (EIN is optional but highly recommended)
- Name of your supervisor
- Phone number and email address of your supervisor
- Your employment start date
- End date of previous employment (if applicable)
- Your SEVIS ID number (may be found on the top left corner of your I-20)
We will update your information in SEVIS which will allow the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to verify that you are currently employed and not in violation of the 90-day unemployment rule.
REMINDER: Report to your DSO every six months to confirm the information listed above, even if none of your information has changed.